Our 3-Day AK Operator/Designated Marksman Course for Civilians – is a three-day Military Skills Course that can serve as a “refresher” for those with prior military experience who intend to travel to support Ukraine in their fight against the Russian Federation. Although the course is open to all civilians from all walks of life, we highly discourage anyone without prior military service from considering themselves “ready” after just 3 days of training.
Those wishing to support Ukraine via humanitarian efforts should consider taking the 2/4 Day Civil Defence Training.
- 28th February-1st March 2024
- 27th-29th March 2024
- 1st – 3rd May 2024
- 29th – 31th May 2024
- 26th-28th June 2024
Please note: This course can also be taken by a small group of 2 or more over a two-day period at your convenience. Please make contact to suggest your dates!
The AK Operator/Marksman package is also part of our 3-Day/2-Night Infantry & Fieldcraft Training for Civilians.
Students will be taken through the 3-Day AK Operator/Marksman Training Package with over 700 rounds of ammunition and a variety of AK platforms and calibres (Including Draganov DMR). Targets will be engaged up to 150m including moving targets and a variety of optics will also be used on this course to familiarise students with the Designated Marksman role.
Range Day 1 will focus on weapon safety, basic and advanced Weapon Handling and Manipulation including a variety of AK models and calibres. Static shooting from different positions is also addressed in detail to ensure the student is ready for stepping up their game on Day 2.
Range Day 2 is all about movement, dynamic shooting and use of cover as well as correcting weapon malfunctions (stoppages) and emergency and deliberate reloading drills as well as the introduction of Team Communications.
Range Day 3 will see the student’s confidence and skill level reach new highs as it all comes together! Moving targets, use of optics and an introduction to close-quarter battle
Students will Disperse at the end of Range Day 3.
This is an intensive course.
The student will cover the following topics and more on the four-day/20 Module course:
- Normal Safety Procedures (NSPs)
- Stripping, Assembling & Weapon Maintenance
- AK Marksmanship Principles
- Emergency & Deliberate Magazine Changes
- Shooting from different positions (prone, kneeling, supported, standing, sitting, etc)
- AK-specific Stoppage Drills (clearing malfunctions)
- Static & Dynamic Shooting
- Shooting from and around cover
- Close Quater Combat & Shoulder Transitions (Shooting from left & right shoulders)
- Moving target training
- Fire & Manoeuvre Training
- Snap & Instinctive Shooting
- Shooting with Optics:
- Red Dot
- And more!
- And much more!
This price is based on a minimum of four students and a maximum of twelve
- Weapon Hire
- All safety equipment
- PLEASE NOTE: Students are expected to bring suitable clothing, footwear and load-carrying equipment for this course
What’s Not Included:
- Food & Beverage
- Transport to and from Range/Training Centre
- Load Carrying Kit – Webbing, belt kit, shooters belt, chest rig, patrol pack or bergen)
- Additional ammunition can be purchased on the day from the range at cost