PrepYou.Eu is pleased to announce the launch of the World’s First BlockChain For Firearms Certification Platform (BCFC) in conjunction with Nodechain!
PrepYou.Eu students now have the choice of a traditional certificate (PDF Format) or having their performance recorded on the BlockChain in the form of an NFT or Non-Fungible Token. This is stored in your Digital Wallet with your other Tokens or CryptoCurrency.
What is The BlockChain and why are you using it for firearms certification?
The blockchain is a de-centralised Public Ledger of information (data, media, etc) that cannot be altered once published (or “Minted”). This means once we record your training on the BlockChain as an NFT, it cannot be corrupted and you are able to store it on your mobile device for proof of your skill level in the future.
This solves an age-old problem as there is no central register or database of international shooters and their qualifications or skill sets. By de-centralising this information on the BlockChain and offering this to both the industry and general public as a way of proving their ability as well as solving a number of other problems including:
- Standardising safety levels across multiple worldwide locations
- Standardising acceptance of qualifications – Many range owners use the lack of a central database to sell an experienced shooter their own basic training courses before they are allowed to use their facilities as a way of generating more revenue at the shooter’s expense. This makes a quite expensive hobby for some even more costly due to having to repay at basic training they have already completed.
- Assists to identify “Walter Mitty Types” or shooters that believe their skill set is higher than it actually is and therefore protecting the safety of other range users and staff.
- Assists with Shooter Identification and Range Sign-in procedures.
- An NFT is a “digital asset” and you own it! This provides the student with an ongoing personal training record you store in your own digital wallet to prove your training legacy.
- Refresher Alerts – All training should be refreshed on a regular basis and BCFC allows range owners, instructors and shooters alike to see when their qualifications expire.
NFTs can be re-sold, right?
Yes, many can and you may be aware of some going for literally millions! We however do not allow BCFC to be allocated, sold, gifted/donated, of transferred to any person other than the shooter-owner. We are working on a process to allow next of kin to “inherit” a BCFC in the unhappy event that a shooter passes away. We do understand that for many people shooting is their passion and that your loved ones may want to be reminded of your love for our sport and associated industry after you have left them.
So, I can’t give my BCFC to my friend so he can attend one of PrepYou.Eu Advanced Training courses and skip the basic training?
ABSOLUTELY NOT! And this is one of the main features of BCFC. He will be quickly detected and face the potential of prosecution for fraud as well as facing a lifetime ban on all our ranges. That will apply to the original recipient as well.
What does it cost?
Apart from the cost of training, you will pay a one-off fee of €50 per NFT we mint on your behalf for standard certification such as an AK47 Weapon Competency Test. A larger syllabus course such as Civil Defence Training which has multiple elements of certification (Firearms, firs-aid, fieldcraft, etc) will cost €35 each with Custom NFT minting (multi-media format) will start from €50-100 based on the student’s bespoke requirements.
There are no other fees.
How long does it take to receive my BCFC?
We are usually able to start the minting process the same day of your training but endeavour to provide you with the link to purchase the NFT directly within 24 hours of you leaving the training centre.
I don’t want my BCFC to be on a public ledger.
That kind of defeats the object of BCFC! You may be best sticking with your PDF certificate.
Example Smart Certificate (Pre-NFT Minting)
For more information before launch, please contact your instructor or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no reviews yet.