Want to turn your new hobby into a way to shoot for free and start to help other students to progress through their training? Do you already have your PrepYou.Eu Weapons Competency Certificate?
Our local RSO is a highly responsible and important position on any range. You will be responsible for the safety and security of every single person on the range complex and must be proficient in all weapon systems to a very high standard as well as understanding the implications of every possible scenario that could occur on a live shooting range and training area.
We have developed our RSO (Range Safety Officer) course over the last 12 months with advice from UK Police Firearms teams to make this a very serious (and IP Protected) training course.
The COACH element consists of the six modules of the PrepYou.Eu Science of Shooting (Pistols) course takes an RSO to a new level of personal shooting that he or she will be confident to share with other PrepYou.Eu students to enhance their abilities whilst at the same time supporting the ex-military instructors on the ranges.
There are many benefits to becoming a PrepYou.EU RSO including…
- Joining the Instructor Training Sessions – Not available to General Public
- Free access to the Gun Hotel to store your own weapon
- Arrange international groups and shoot for free (Via Shooting Credits)
- Smart ID cards and merchandise
Please Note – This is a Pass of Fail course.
Duties of an RSO
- Ensure strict adherence to PrepYou.Eu Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at all times.
- Supervise and direct a safe and efficient range.
- Enforce all firearms and range safety rules & laws on the range.
- Conduct range safety briefings as & when necessary.
- Act as an ambassador for the range by providing excellent customer service to all customers.
- Be an example to all customers by practicing safe firearms handling and following all range safety rules.
- Conduct range opening and closing inspections and procedures.
- Assist shooters with stoppages, malfunctions, and other issues or questions on the range.
- Control the range and lead or assist with any emergency procedures.
- Advise the Chief RSO of any mechanical or facility issues that may need attention or repair.
- Notify the Chief RSO of any issues or discrepancies that occur on the range.
- Complete all necessary reports for any issues, discrepancies or emergencies that occur on their range.
- Check out and return any equipment needed for range operations.
- Assist in facility security by monitoring attendance and ensuring that only members or guests are in the range areas.
- Conduct customer firearms checks and brief members/guests on range rules, range commands and range etiquette.
- Know and execute emergency response plans when required.
- Be able to apply emergency first aid in a bid to save lives and understand the legal procedure for emergency situations
- Any other duties assigned by the CROI/Chief Instructor
- Google Hangouts, PrepYou.Eu Range & PrepYou Team House (Boyana).
- Every Wednesday from 1900 CEET/1700 GMT
- Every Sunday (1300-1600 Winters/1400-1700 Summers) at PrepYou.Eu Range
- Pre-Arranged Range Days for incoming international RSO Students
Required Kit & Equipment
- National ID Card or Passport
- Suitable footwear – Ideally hiking boots or similar with suitable ankle support.
- Jeans or other trousers you don’t mind getting dirty or ripped – NOT SHORTS.
- Suitable Clothing and Footwear – T-shirt, fleece, GorTex boots, etc
- Waterproof jacket – That allows free movement. Ski or snowboard jackets are usually fine.
- Gun belt – We can help source your rig
- IFAK – We will advise on this
- Target markers
- Notebook, pen and pencil
- Ear defenders
- Shooting glasses
- Sense of humor!
Recommended Extra Kit
- Military Clothing – Will make the pictures and video more relevant!
- Chocolate bars and other “quick” snacks
- All instruction
- All range and weapon hire
- All ammo required
What’s Not Included:
- Transport to/from range
- Food & Beverage
- Safety Equipment
- Gun Belt and Range Kit (See above)