3-Day/2-Night Infantry & Fieldcraft Training for Civilians – is a three-day, two-night Military Skills Course that can serve as a “refresher” for those with prior military experience who intend to travel to support Ukraine in their fight against the Russian Federation. Although the course is open to all civilians from all walks of life, we highly discourage anyone without prior military service from considering themselves “ready” after just 3 days of training.
Those wishing to support Ukraine via humanitarian efforts should consider taking the 2/4 Day Civil Defence Training.
- 29th November – 1st December 2022
- 6th-8th January 2023 (Long-weekend)
- 3rd-5th February 2023 (Long Weekend)
This training package is for students wishing to experience operating in a hostile environment and will be thrown into a three-day scenario at the start of the course and will be living outdoors and at altitude the majority of the time so the correct clothing and equipment is essential. This is NOT for the faint-hearted!
Students will be taken through the 3-Day AK Operator/Marksman Training Package with over 700 rounds of ammunition and a variety of AK platforms and calibres (Including Draganov DMR). Targets will be engaged up to 150m including moving targets and a variety of optics will also be used on this course to familiarise students with the Designated Marksman role.
After Range Day 1, students will deploy to a secure location and continue training through the night in line with the exercise scenario. Sleep will be limited. Lessons continue into Range Day 2 which will culminate in the delegates deploying to a new “hostile environment” that evening and establishing a Harbour Area (with appropriate security) to operate from throughout the night. Harbour Routine will be observed and students will administer themselves (cook, eat, sleep, wash… generally live!) from the Harbour Area. Patrols will also be conducted.
Range Day 3 will continue after the night exercise with more advanced AK weapon handling including Close Quarter Battle, moving target training and a lot more.
Students will Disperse at the end of Range Day 3.
This is focused on Basic Infantry Training, proficient Weapon Handling on the AK (Kalashnikov) Platform (pistols are a secondary consideration), traumatic first-aid and Field Craft skills including patrol techniques, Ambush & Contact Drills, Signals (Communications) and a great deal more.
This is an intensive course.
The student will cover the following topics and more on the three-day course:
- Live & Dry weapon handling AK platforms in a number of calibres – INCLUDING Dragunov!
- Shooting up to 150m inc moving target training
- Optics used include – DMR Optics (x6), Red dots, holographic with range extenders
- The British Army Six-Section Battle Drills
- Fire & Manoeuvre – Individual & Pairs (Fire Team)
- Small unit tactics
- Contact drills
- Anti-ambush drills
- Prisoner Handling & Searching
- Fighting In Built-Up Areas (FIBUA)
- Close Quarter Battle/Room Clearance
- Live fire over 700 rounds per student
- Fieldcraft (living in the field)
- Harbour Area Drills
- Cooking in the field
- Sleeping in the field (Shelters)
- Personal Admin (washing, etc) in the field
- Camouflage and concealment
This price is based on a minimum of four students and a maximum of twelve
- Weapon Hire
- All safety equipment
- 3 Meals a day
- Exercise accommodation
- Transport to and from Range/Training Centre
- PLEASE NOTE: Students are expected to bring suitable clothing, footwear and load-carrying equipment for this course
What’s Not Included:
- Field Kit (Sleeping bag, bivi bag, roll mate, etc)
- Load Carrying Kit – Webbing, belt kit, shooters belt, chest rig, patrol pack or bergen)
- Additional ammunition can be purchased on the day from the range at cost