Solo CQB (Close Quarters Battle) – Pistol & Rifle from PrepYou.Eu is a comprehensive 2-day, 6-hour training package designed to empower individuals with the skills needed for tactically navigating inside structures during various high-stress situations. Utilising T4E Force-On-Force simulation weapons, this course provides actionable techniques based on human reactions during high-stress events.
Our experienced training team, consisting of ex-NATO and Law Enforcement professionals, leverages both real firearms and cutting-edge T4E Simulation Weapons (NOT Airsoft!). You’ll be engaged in real-world inspired scenarios ranging from active shooter scenarios to car hijackings.
Upon completion of this training, delegates will be able to attend a LIVE fire CQB course with PrepYou or visit the regular (Weekly) training refreshers known as “The Sunday Session” to maintain their new skill level.
Potential Scenarios Addressed:
- Handling a home invasion/intruder
- Individual Room/Building Clearance
- Protecting loved ones inside a building
- “The Citadel”
- Active shooter situations
- Safely exiting from hazardous situations
- Introduction to the fundamental principles of indoor movement & legalities of Self-Defence in Bulgaria.
- Practical drills on tactically progressing through rooms, corridors, staircases, windows, and other typical indoor spaces.
- Engaging, hands-on simulations utilising training firearms against live adversaries.
Note: This training prioritises safety, employing T4E Simulation Weapons. No live weapons or real ammunition will be used.
Key Learning Areas:
- Core principles of moving within a building.
- Cultivating a proactive mindset and understanding use-of-force.
- Maximizing cover, concealment, and strategic movement to deter threats.
- Techniques for clearing various indoor spaces, such as rooms, corridors, and stairwells.
- Interaction protocols with law enforcement to prevent misunderstandings.
- Ensuring the safety of and moving alongside loved ones inside a structure.
Equipment & Gear:
- Training firearms will be supplied.
- If preferred, accessories compatible with a Glock 17 (like holsters or weapon-mounted lights) can be brought along.
- Flashlight or weapon-mounted illumination tool.
- Writing materials for note-taking.
- Wear comfortable clothing, including suitable shoes, and a reliable belt for mild physical activities.
- Protective wear for training projectiles, encompassing clothing for body, neck, hands, and groin.
- Head protection will be offered. For those who need it, tactical equipment can be rented or purchased before the session begins.
Day 1 – CQB Pistol (1000-1630):
- Safety Briefing and Introduction
- Purpose and overview of the course
- Importance of safety and rules of handling T4E training weapons
- Safety equipment distribution (protective goggles, hearing protection, etc.)
- Basic Handgun FundamentalsStance: Proper CQB stances such as the Isosceles and Weaver stances
Grip: How to correctly and firmly grip a pistol
- Sight Alignment and Sight Picture
- Trigger Control and Follow Through
- Loading, unloading, and making the weapon safe
- Basic CQB Movement
- Importance of movement in CQB situations
- Moving forward, backward, and lateral
- Use of cover and concealment
- Pivots and turns
- Shooting Drills
- Stationary shooting drills focusing on accuracy
- Moving and shooting drills
- Shooting from behind cover
- Lunch and Q&A Session
- Weapon Retention and Close Contact Shooting
- Techniques to prevent a suspect from grabbing your weapon
- Shooting from retention position
- Advantages and disadvantages of close contact shooting
- Room Clearing Basics
- The importance of angles in CQB
- Methods to approach doors and openings
- Basic principles of room clearing: slicing the pie, entering, and scanning
- Scenario-Based Training Drills
- Participants will run through mock scenarios simulating real-life CQB situations.
- Focus on the application of techniques learned earlier in the day.
- Scenarios include home invasions, building clearances, and more.
- Debrief and Feedback Session
- Review of the day’s lessons
- Feedback from instructors
- Participant sharing of experiences and learning points
- Look Forward to next day
Day 2 – Rifle CQB (1000-1630)
- Safety Briefing and Rifle Introduction
- Recap of Day 1 and transition to Day 2
- Safety protocols specific to T4E simulation rifles
- Handling, loading, and unloading the simulation rifle
- Rifle Handling Basics
- Differences and similarities between pistol and rifle handling in CQB
- Proper stance with a rifle in CQB scenarios
- Gripping, aiming, and firing the simulation rifle
- Transition Drills
- Shifting between the primary weapon (rifle) and secondary weapon (pistol)
- Situations where transitioning is required
- Safe and efficient methods to holster and sling weapons during transitions
- Rifle Movement Techniques
- Advancing, retreating, and strafing with a rifle
- Pivoting and turning with a rifle
- Use of cover and barriers when armed with a rifle
- Lunch and Q&A Session
- Rifle CQB Shooting Drills
- Stationary and moving shooting drills focusing on target acquisition and accuracy
- Engaging multiple targets in succession
- Reloading drills under stress
- Advanced Room Clearing with Rifles
- Challenges posed by a longer weapon in tight spaces
- Techniques for slicing the pie, entering, and scanning with a rifle
- Team dynamics: moving and communicating with a partner/team
- Scenario-Based Training Drills with Rifles
- Complex scenarios simulating real-life CQB situations where a rifle is needed
- Emphasis on weapon transitions, team communication, and tactical decision-making
- Real-world challenges: low-light conditions, multiple adversaries, civilian presence
- Debrief, Feedback, and Course Recap
- Comprehensive review of the two-day course
- Feedback collection from participants for course improvement
- Emphasis on continuous training and practice
- Course Passout and Certificates
- Awarding of course completion certificates
- Group photo, networking, and farewells
- Comprehensive weaponry, range, and safety gear.
- Expert instruction.
- Meal (MRE-style ration pack).
- 250+ rounds of ammunition across various platforms.
What’s Not Included:
- Transit to/from the training venues.
- Stay arrangements.
- Meals excluding the provided lunch.
- Tactical gear rental such as body armor and shooter belts.
- IWB Holsters (For recommendations, visit Juliet4.Com).