- CMS 1 – 2 Day Training Course (Usually) Over Saturday & Sunday
- 2 Day Training Course
- €199 per person
- General Info:
This is the Civilian Military Skills 1 Course which gives the student everything they need to begin honing their skills for various purposes which may include:
- Action Movie Actors (18+) – Your details will be passed to five Casting Directors and Agencies based in Sofia and working with the International Film Industry.
- “Preppers” or Survivalists
- AirSoft Players (“Real Steel”)
- Military Simulators
- Potential Recruits to a National Armed Force (i.e. Pre-joining up training)
Focus (as ever) is on safety at all times but this two-day course will push the average student to develop skills they probably never thought they would possess! Tactics, first aid, unarmed combat and the firing of various weapon systems over the two-day period will mean you leave us with a large base of skills to develop in the future via our Continuation Training Packages.
Students who are actors are encouraged to dress appropriately as we always record the training to be passed on to the various casting departments we work with. They are all BADLY in need of suitably qualified actors so don’t hesitate and sign up today!
Day 1 – CMS 1 – Skills & Drills
This course is designed for anyone over the age of 18 who has zero experience with firearms but want to be safe and competent if they are ever required to use them; regardless of weather or not that is on a film set or during a live terrorist attack. Our training ethos is to overtrain our students with live firing weapons so not only do you understand the full implications of firearms use and safety but also can understand the practical applications of such firearms.
Rifles are the focus on this one day course with specific emphasis on the AK and M4 platforms which are most commonly used in conflict zones all over the world.
Starting at 0930 at our Training Area in Sofia, this day is spent honing your weapon handling skills, tactics and unarmed combat and getting used to moving with a weapon system safely and effectively.
A typical itinerary for Day 1:
- 0900 – Arrive PrepYou Training Area
- 0915 – Saftey Brief
- 0930 – Safe weapon handling with blank and Airsoft – AK, M4, Glock
- 1030 – Marksmanship principle (How to stand and hold a weapon)
- 1130 – Traumatic First Aid – Use of tourniquet, field dressing/s and chest seals.
- 1230 – Lunch
- 1330 – Introduction to the Six-Section Battle Drills
- 1530 – Unarmed Combat
- 1430 – Fire & Manoeuvre Drills
- 1830 – End
Day 2 – Live Fire Day!
Starting at 1030 at one of our partner ranges (usually very close to Sofia), we begin by ensuring your weapon handling skills are safe and correct and have been transferred from the training weapon systems you were using the day before to the live weapons you have just been issued. These include:
- Glock 17/19 9mm Pistols
- M4/AR 15 Rifle
- Ak47/74 Rifle
- 12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun
We start off with some basic static shoots from a number of positions including prone (lying down), standing and kneeling to familiarize students with the live weapon systems as well as to begin to teach the Marksmanship Principles which can be applied to any weapon system they encounter after they finished their course with us.
Once Grouping & Zeroing has been achieved and the student is comfortable hitting the target with every shot from a static position, we move onto a set of drills which focus on increasing the confidence, speed and accuracy of the student. These drills include:
- Safe Load, Unload, Make Ready & Make Safe
- Rapid magazine changes (in contact)
- Pistol Draw & engage from 30cm to 15 meters
- Snap shooting at multiple targets
- Transition drills from rifle to pistol
- Movement with a live weapon
- Use of cover whilst engaging targets
- And more!
Depending on the student’s safety record and ability, they each usually complete at least 20 live drills in a day.
A typical itinerary for Day 2:
- 1030 – Arrive PrepYou Range
- 1045 – Saftey Brief
- 1100 – Safe weapon handling test
- 1130 – Confirmation of Marksmanship principles
- 1145 – Static Shoots
- 1300 – Lunch
- 1330 – Drills, Drills and more Dills!
- 1600 – “Myth Busters” or multi-gun shoot – Just for fun!
- 1700 – End-EX
- 1800 – Certificates
Students will have full access to all footage and photos for their portfolio with no copyright issues.