Many well-established Training Providers (TPs) have entered the Bulgarian market and run a course or two but most get “frustrated” by the prevailing mentality of many business people in the region and leave soon after first arriving. Unfortunately, there is still a mindset in the Balkans that “foreigners can afford it” so we often see TPs & Private Security Companies (PSCs) being massively overcharged for services on their first training trips to Bulgaria with no thought of “repeat business” by the local business people.
Another frustrating aspect of business (in general) in the region is what we call the “Mutley Effect” – There is a strong likelihood that in preliminary negotiations with Training Center operators that “everything is possible”… until it’s time to run your course! We are very used to this.
PrepYou.EU has been established to help TP’s & PSC’s alike get the most out of this fantastic training location and avoid some of the pitfalls experienced by others.
Our services include:
- Firing ranges – We work with six different locations across Bulgaria and each has its pros and cons. We are ready to advise on the best location, with the best facilities for your specific course.
- Training Centres – With onsite accommodation or accommodation close to the firing ranges can be offered as well as classroom/indoor orientated training.
- Training Areas – We have our own and access to several civilian and military training areas across Bulgaria for larger scale training exercises.
- Film Sets – We work with, though not exclusively with, Nu Boyana Film Studios in Sofia. This is the largest (and most impressive!) film studios in Eastern Europe and who can offer, for rent, large sets from major Hollywood feature films that include sets from London, New York, Ancient Rome and even Kabul!
- Instructors – We work with British and Bulgarian Ex-Military instructors (Many Elite or Special Forces) with varying qualifications from SIA Close Protection Instructor to paramedic. Most are well know and respected Operators in their own right with years of experience on the Circuit to pass on.
- Your own Training Team/s – Are welcome! We are happy to advise on all aspects of their job in Bulgaria including making sure they have appropriate working environments and accommodation for their own down time.
- Weapons & ammunition – We are able to provide firearms (pistols & rifles) and ammunition for your training courses at competitive rates. Almost all weapon systems are available but please note it is illegal to fire weapons on automatic in Bulgaria.
- Travel & Accommodation – For both your training teams and students can be centrally organised by PrepYou.EU
- “Soft Business Development” – Or “Match Making”. We charge all our TPs/PSCs a small annual fee (Starting at €250 per annum) and this allows us to justify making relevant introductions to our other partners. For example, we have recently introduced a British TP to a Greek TP to allow the Greeks to offer British SIA Close Protection Training to their domestic clients in Bulgaria. Something that would have cost several thousands Euros and taken many months to complete otherwise.
- Business Development – We have been on the ground here for years! This means we can often find multiple connections to any new business coming to Bulgaria for the first time from other local corporates right up to Central Government and their Ministries.
- RnR – Bulgaria has a lot more to offer than just training packages! Four mountain ranges, 274km of coastline, ski resorts, spa retreats and wineries allow you and your team to relax when the job is done or before you deploy.